CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Baylee!!!

On Monday Baylee turned 9 years old. I told her I would make her favorite coffee cake for breakfast in the morning. I set my alarm for 6:30 to have plenty of time. I was awoken the next morning at 7:30 to Baylee asking,"Is my cake cooking?" umm sorry honey, my alarm didn't go off. After close inspection someone had been playing with it and had turned down the sound. "I promise tomorrow." I set my alarm for the next morning,and it went off, I made the whole thing and just had the crumb topping left when I realized I was out of brown sugar! Baylee finally got her coffee cake but it wasn't until Wed. morning!

I had planned on making one of her favorite dinners, she decided on frijole casserole, go figure. I had to find it so ironic as we ate dinner that night, I informed her that when I was a few months pregnant with her I took a trip to Oregon with my parents. I was still feeling a little nausea, but when we arrived at the timeshare I asked my Mom (begged) if she would make me frijole casserole! It was exactly what my tender stomach needed. Maybe their is something to be said for what the mother eats so does the baby. She also loves tuna fish with potato chips on it, which is all I ate for three months with her. FUNNY!!

NINE!!

DIG IN BAYLEE!

I took Baylee in a cookie cake for her school class so we didn't do a dessert at night just the dinner, she was fine with that since she has decided she doesn't like cake!


I kept asking Baylee, "What do you want for your birthday?" All she would tell me is, No clothes, no Cd's, no movies, no shoes, no toys. GREAT!!
On her birthday we told her she was getting her present after dinner, she kept asking, "what is it," Gabe told her, "Guess!" "Is it a recipe book?" "What, why would you want a recipe book?" "So I can write down all of Mom's recipes." We were both shocked! I wish I would of known since I have an old one in my cupboard I don't use. I get plenty of "I hate this, can I have something else," or "Why do we always have to have this." But I am glad to see that they do appreciate some of the hard work that goes into feeding this family.
She ended up getting a gift card to Target!


We played games that night as of her request, Heads Up 7up, and Scream! Scream is where you sit in a circle with your head down until one person counts to 3, then everyone looks up at the same time and if you and another person looking at each other you SCREAM! After a person screams three times your out! Our favorite Family Home Evening Game!









4 comments:

Kale said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl. I can't believe Baylee is already 9!!!!! Where did the time go? While I was reading it said nine and I kept thinking why does it say nine and Baylee had 9 fingers up but I just kept thinking no, she can't be that old already! My oh my...

Reid and Brittney said...

Happy Birthday Baylee!! I can't believe you have a nine year old. I had fun with you today at Costco. Thanks for being such a great friend!!! See you soon!!!

Jamie and Family said...

What a beautiful girl Baylee is!!!! Happy Birthday!!! And Jess, you are SUCH a good mom. I am constantly impressed with you. Seriously. What a fun story and memory for her bday.

Rebecca said...

Awww She's adorable! What a sweetheart. Happy belated birthday Baylee!!