CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast!!

I seem to like working backwards with the pictures that is, Gabe's Dad and Step mom Judy came to our house this year for Thanksgiving. We were really excited. I am not the most experienced Thanksgiving dinner maker. My mom is usually here to run the show and I just do as I am told. This year it was all up to me. Judy was a huge help, I am a terribly messy cook and she cleaned up behind me all week. I brined the turkey( which is to soak it in a salt and sugar mixture in ice cold water over night). The turkey was so moist it was really good. Next, I made cornbread stuffing from scratch, it was good but a little strong on the sage for me, my mom told me later that sage cooks strong (good to know now). Homemade gravy, Delicious! Mashed potatoes, and homemade bread. I definitely had some glitches in the preparation but it all came out really good.
This was the aftermath of the Feast!

The before picture, only 2 hours behind schedule!

You might think you were looking at the picture after we had dinner and were full, but this was actually before dinner, I guess the Football game was a little boring!

Heck with the pumpkin pie just give me a can of whipped cream!


Tayt's turn!


Open wide Payge!

The kids in their new outfits from Grandma and Papa! Thanks for coming, we loved having you here. We miss you!








4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yummy looking dinner and cute outfits!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great, Jess! Simon looks just how I remember him, too. Its probably been almost 15 years since I saw him last. Its so funny that Reyse was so attached to him because when I saw the picture of her with the chocolate all over her face I thought she sort of looked like Simon. Something about the chocolate mustache I think. We missed you guys over at the Victorville feast. Take care and have a Merry Christmas!

Jamie and Family said...

Jess, I am impressed with your Thanksgiving dinner skills. Notice I didn't say surprised.....but still impressed. You are so good at stuff like that!

Reid and Brittney said...

Looks like you did a great job at Thanksgiving dinner. Looks yummy to me. Glad you had a good time with Gabe's dad and step-mom. Your girls are so stinkin cute in their new outfits. I loved their sunday outfits..way cute!!! The zoo looked fun...I need to take my boys soon they keep bugging me.