CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Home at last!

No matter where you live, or how you live, it is always good to be home. It is amazing how excited I was to go on vacation and get away from the cleaning, cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, and cooking. Then you start to miss it after seven weeks. I was ready to get back to my routine, and most definitely my bed, especially after a three hour flight turned into a seven hour flight. The people on the plane were very nice feeling very sorry for me traveling alone with four children. There was a wonderful stewardess who had been trying to have a girl for four years, and she fell in love with Reyse. After three hours of trying to get this baby to go to sleep unsuccessfully, she asked if she could hold her, I think I handed her the baby before she even finished her sentence. Fifteen minutes later she came over to me with Reyse asleep in her arms. THANK GOODNESS. She slept on the stewardess for half an hour or so and as soon as she handed her back to me she immediately woke up. What is up with that!!!

I think three weeks for Gabe on his own was a little to long too. He kept walking around the house for several days after we returned saying, "the house is alive again," and that he was getting tired of the creepy silence at night. He missed Family time so much he insisted we take a walk after dinner to the park, it was fun to be together again, and to have help!!

The Tupperware cupboard is Reyse's favorite spot while I cook or do dishes. The best part is my little OCD Taytum loves to organize the Tupperware so she likes to clean up after Reyse. YAH!!
Guess What my Baby is walking. She had taken a step at my mom's house before we left, but now she takes lots! GO REYSE!!!
AHHHH....I made it!!!
Thank you to everyone who invited all of us into your homes. We are a big group and tend to explode as soon as the suitcases are unzipped. Thanks for all the great food and loads of fun I truly appreciate everything you do for us!!!

4 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

we're so indredibly glad you made it ALL the way to our house!

And another early walker for you! Wow!! So cute!

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh! She is adorable!! I am so glad you guys are back too.. and i know Gabe missed you guys so much.

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh! She is adorable!! I am so glad you guys are back too.. and i know Gabe missed you guys so much.

Ralaina said...

I'm sure Gabe is so glad to have you all home at last! Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your flight home-how frustrating. I love when people are understanding and kind in situations like that it makes all the difference! Go Reeyse, good job on figuring out the walking thing so quickly and so young :)